Many modern applications have become larger than will fit on a single CD-ROM (ISO 9660 Mode 1), which can hold only 700 (or 650) MB of data. In addition, the System i does not include support for spanning multiple CD-ROMs, as it does for tapes.
CD-ROM Studio for System iAdvanced Edition includes the Span Multiple CDs (SPANCDS) command, which will help you divide large applications into image files that span multiple CD-ROMs. Without SPANCDS, this process is tedious, difficult to manage, and prone to error.
|Determine object sizes in each library
|Organize objects by size to fit on CD-ROMs, probably different each time
- Be sure to arrange them to be restored correctly
|Save each set of objects
- Be sure to use 8-character labels for long library names
- Be sure to use unique labels
|Create/modify installation program
|Save installation program and supporting objects
|Retrieve image files using Windows client
||Retrieve image files using Windows client
- Supports multiple libraries
- Supports libraries larger than 700 MB
- Generates all installation objects
- Generates CD-ROM layout report
- Supports V5R2+ image catalogs
In addition to the above features, CD-ROM Studio for the System i Advanced Edition includes all of the components of CD-ROM Studio for the System i Standard Edition.